Welcome! Severn Bank Customers
Good things happen when we are in it together.
Pursuant to the merger agreement between the banks, Severn Bank was acquired by Shore United Bank in a transaction in which Severn Bank merged with and into Shore United Bank, with Shore United Bank as the surviving institution. The merger closed October 31, 2021. While all Severn Bank accounts have been assumed by Shore United Bank, there is a period of transition between the closing of the merger and the date of conversion of the bank systems.
- Key dates and account information
- Introduction to Shore United Bank
- Questions and answers about products and services
- Account agreements and disclosures
Online & Mobile Banking Access
Online Banking First-Time Login Instructions
Conversion Instructions for Quicken and QuickBook Users
Company Press Releases
Important Dates & Times
|• Severn bank customers will receive a conversion guide detailing information about the conversion and Shore United Bank products and services.|
|• New Shore United Bank debit and ATM cards will be mailed to Severn Bank customers. PIN mailer will follow in separate mailing.|
• 2:00 p.m. Access to Severn Bank Mobile Check Deposit will no longer be available.
• 3:00 p.m. Severn Bank branches will close. These branches will reopen as Shore United Bank on Tuesday, February 22, 2022.
• 4:00 p.m. Access to Severn Bank Online, Mobile, and Automated Telephone Banking will no longer be available.
|• Severn Bank branches will be closed as we transition our systems to Shore United Bank.|
• Severn Bank and Shore United Bank branches will be closed in observance of the Presidents’ Day holiday.
• 4:00 a.m. Severn Bank debit and ATM cards will automatically deactivate. Securely destroy your Severn Bank debit and ATM card(s).
• Any time after 4:00 a.m. activate your Shore United Bank debit and ATM card by following the instructions in the mailer.
|• 8:00 a.m. Shore United Bank Online and Mobile Banking available to former Severn Bank customers -visit shoreunitedbank.com and follow log in details located on the home page of our website.
• 8:00 a.m. Begin depositing cash and checks using a Shore United Bank ATM.
• 9:00 a.m. Severn Bank branches reopen as Shore United Bank.
for the former Severn Bank customers until Tuesday, February 22, 2022. To access your accounts during this time,
you may continue to use your Severn Bank debit card to make purchases and withdraw cash at ATMs or by writing
checks. After 4:00 a.m. Monday, February 21, 2022, you will need to activate your new Shore United Bank debit
or ATM card by following the instructions in the mailer.
General Questions & Answers
When will I become a Shore United Bank customer?
You became a Shore United Bank customer effective with the merger. However, the data conversion of Severn Bank systems to Shore United Bank systems will not occur until February. Specifically, your Severn Bank accounts will convert to Shore United Bank on Tuesday, February 22, 2022. Beginning February 22, 2022, you can take advantage of all Shore United Bank products, services, ATMs and branch locations.
Will my checking, savings, money market, CD/IRA or loan account number change?
Will office hours remain the same?
Yes. All branch hours at the new Shore United Bank branches will remain the same.
Is there anything I need to do right now?
- No. Keep banking with Severn Bank as you normally would. Your accounts will automatically be converted to Shore United Bank. You may continue to use your Severn Bank checks.
- Beginning February 7, 2022, you will receive a new debit/ATM card and a separate PIN mailer. While this may be a short-term inconvenience, we do need to reissue debit and ATM cards. Your new Shore United Bank card (s) will be mailed to you in a plain white envelope with a separate PIN mailer to follow in a perforated white envelope.
- Beginning February 22, 2022, we ask that you provide anyone automatically debiting or crediting your accounts with your account number and Shore United Bank’s routing number, 052100932.
- Beginning Monday, February 21, 2022, we ask that you notify any merchants who are automatically debiting your account using your Severn Bank debit card number be notified of your new Shore United Bank debit card number, CVV and expiration date. To ensure these transactions continue to be posted, you should make the changes before the next scheduled transaction. Debit transactions authorized using your Severn Bank debit card will not be posted after February 21, 2022.
- For details about account changes, please read the information, disclosures, agreements and notices that will be posted in the guides when they are available.
Who should I contact if I have a general question about the conversion?
If you have any questions about this transition, please call 1-877-758-1600, weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., or email us using our secure contact us form located on our website. You may also visit any of our office locations.
Who should I contact if I have any questions about access to online banking and mobile banking?
Who will provide my tax forms for interest earned and paid?
Shore United Bank will, on behalf of former Severn Bank, provide tax reporting on all deposit and loan activity from January 1 through December 31, 2021.
Will the Severn Bank branch staff remain with Shore United Bank?
Yes. The same friendly, professional team who have served you at Severn Bank will continue to assist you as Shore United Bank employees.
Will I be able to access online and mobile banking or automated telephone banking during the conversion weekend?
- Severn Bank mobile check deposit will not be available after 2:00 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2022.
- Severn Bank online, mobile and automated telephone banking will not be available after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2022.
- Beginning Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. you can log in to online banking at shoreunitedbank.com, more details will be forth coming in the welcome guide.
- On Tuesday, February 22, 2022, at 8:00 a.m. you can also access your accounts using our automated telephone banking by calling 1-888-758-4900. The first time you call, you will need to enroll for the system to recognize you. First time users will need their full social security number or tax I.D. number, date of birth and zip code. You will be prompted to create a four-digit PIN for recurrent uses.
Will I have access to my accounts during the weekend of February 18, 2022?
The Severn Bank branches will be open until 3:00 p.m. on Friday, February 18, 2022. Although other Shore United Bank branches will be open over the weekend, branch banking will not be available at these locations for Severn Bank customers until Tuesday, February 22. There are two ways you can access your accounts over the weekend of February 18.
- Debit Card/ATM: Continue to use your Severn Bank debit/ATM card through Sunday, February 20, 2022. Beginning the week of February 7, 2022, you will receive a new Shore United Bank debit/ATM card and a separate PIN mailer. Activate and begin using your new card any time after 4:00 a.m. on Monday, February 21, 2022, by following the instructions in the mailer.
- Checks: You may continue to use your Severn Bank checks. Check orders can be made by visiting our website ShoreUnitedBank.com or by calling 1-877-758-1600 on or after Tuesday, February 22, 2022.