Sending money to people you know is fast, safe and easy.
We partnered with Zelle® so you can easily send money to friends, family and others you trust1. It's a fast, safe and easy way to send and receive money, split the cost of a bill2 or pay back your roommate for your share of rent.
1U.S. checking or savings account required to use Zelle®. Transactions between enrolled consumers typically occur in minutes. 2In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled in Zelle®.
What is Zelle®?
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any checking or savings accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1. With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank2.
Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
You can send money to friends, family and others you trust2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number.
How do I enroll and use in Zelle®?
You can send, request, or receive money with Zelle®.
- To get started, log into Shore United Bank's online banking or mobile app, navigate to the "Send Money with Zelle®". To Enroll, accept terms and conditions, tell us your email address or U.S. mobile number and deposit account, and then you will receive a one-time verification code, enter it, and you're ready to start sending and receiving with Zelle®.
- To send money using Zelle®, simply add a trusted recipient's email address or U.S. mobile phone number, enter the amount you'd like to send and an optional note, review, then hit "Send." In most cases, the money is available to your recipient in minutes1.
- To request money using Zelle®, choose "Request," select the individual(s) from whom you'd like to request money, enter the amount you'd like to request, include an optional note, review and hit "Request"3.
- To receive money, just share your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile phone number with a friend and ask them to send you money with Zelle®.
Someone sent me money with Zelle®, how do I receive it?
If you have already enrolled with Zelle®, you do not need to take any further action. The money will be sent directly into your bank account and will be available typically within minutes1.
If you have not yet enrolled with Zelle®, follow these steps:
- Click on the link provided in the payment notification you received via email or text message.
- Select Shore United Bank.
- Follow the instructions provided on the page to enroll and receive your payment. Pay attention to the email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the payment notification - you should enroll with Zelle® using that email address or U.S. mobile number where you received the notification to ensure you receive your money.
What types of payment can I make with Zelle®?
Zelle® is a great way to send money to family, friends, and people you are familiar with such as your personal trainer, babysitter or neighbor2.
Since money is sent directly from your bank account to another person's bank account within minutes1, Zelle® should only be used to send money to friends, family and others you trust.
Neither Shore United Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
What are the payment limits with Zelle®?
- $3000/period (rolling 30 days)
- $1500 outstanding (can't have more than a total of $1500 in pending payments at any given time)
How do I get started?
It's easy — Zelle® is already available within Shore United Bank’s online banking and mobile banking app. Check our app or sign-in online and follow a few simple steps to enroll with Zelle® today.
What if I want to send money to someone whose financial institution doesn't offer Zelle®?
You can find a full list of participating banks and credit unions live with Zelle® here.
If your recipient's financial institution isn't on the list, don't worry! The list of participating financial institutions is always growing, and your recipient can still use Zelle® by downloading the Zelle® app for Android and iOS.
To enroll with the Zelle® app, your recipient will enter their basic contact information, an email address and U.S. mobile number, and a Visa® or Mastercard® debit card with a U.S. based account (does not include U.S. territories). Zelle® does not accept debit cards associated with international deposit accounts or any credit cards.
How does Zelle® work?
When you enroll with Zelle® through your online banking account, or mobile banking app, your name, the name of your bank, and the email address or U.S. mobile number you enrolled is shared with Zelle® (no sensitive account details are shared – those stay with Shore United Bank.
When someone sends money to your enrolled email address or U.S. mobile number, Zelle® looks up the email address or mobile number in its "directory" and notifies Shore United Bank of the incoming payment. Shore United Bank then directs the payment into your bank account, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
Can I use Zelle® internationally?
In order to use Zelle®, the sender and recipient's bank accounts must be based in the U.S.
Can I cancel a payment?
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn't yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn't yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select "Cancel This Payment."
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it's important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you've used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, we recommend contacting the recipient and requesting the money back. If you aren't able to get your money back, please call 888-820-6840 so we can help you.
Scheduled or recurring payments sent directly to your recipient’s account number (instead of an email address or mobile number) are made available by Shore United Bank but are a separate service from Zelle® and can take 1 – 3 business days to process.
You can cancel a payment that is scheduled in advance if the money has not already been deducted from your account.
How long does it take to receive money with Zelle®?
Will the person I send money to be notified?
Yes! They will receive a notification via email or text message.
Is my information secure?
Keeping your money and information safe is a top priority for Shore United Bank. When you use Zelle® within our mobile app or online banking, your information is protected with the same technology we use to keep your bank account safe.
I'm unsure about using Zelle® to pay someone I don't know. What should I do?
If you don't know the person, or aren't sure you will get what you paid for (for example, items bought from an online bidding or sales site), you should not use Zelle® for these types of transactions.
These transactions are potentially high risk (just like sending cash to a person you don't know is high risk). Neither Shore United Bank nor Zelle® offers a protection program for any authorized payments made with Zelle® – for example, if you do not receive the item you paid for or the item is not as described or as you expected.
What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S. mobile number?
Your email address or U.S. mobile phone number may already be enrolled with Zelle® at another bank or credit union. Call our support team at 888-820-6840 and ask them to move your email address or U.S. mobile phone number to Shore United Bank so you can use it for Zelle®.
Once our support team moves your email address or U.S. mobile phone number, it will be connected to your Shore United Bank account so you can start sending and receiving money with Zelle® through the Shore United Bank mobile banking app and online banking. Please call our support team toll-free at 888-820-6840 for help.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc, registered in the U.S. and other countries. Android, Google Play, and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google Inc. Data charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone carrier for details. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license.
- Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient's email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle.
- Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.
- In order to send payment requests or split payment requests to a U.S. mobile number, the mobile number must already be enrolled with Zelle.