Ready to make the switch to Shore United Bank?
We make it easy!
At Shore United Bank, we want to make sure you are completely satisfied with your banking experience. We strive to provide innovative products and an unmatched level of service for our customers. If you are ready to make the move to Shore United Bank, follow these simple steps to make your transition quick and easy:
- Open your new Shore United Bank account in any of our convenient branch locations. Use our New Account Information Checklist to be sure you have everything you need with you to open your new account.
- Sign up for Online Banking.
- Stop using your old account. Let all of your checks clear. Stop using any checks, ATM or debit cards, deposit slips, or Bill Pay from your old account. Use our Account Balance Worksheet to ensure you keep sufficient funds in your old account for all of your checks and payments to clear.
- Move your direct deposits to your new account. Use our Direct Deposit/Payroll Change Form to notify each company who makes direct deposits on your behalf to use your new account. Changes to Social Security direct deposits can be made by calling the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213.
- Move your automatic withdrawals to your new account. Use our Automatic Payment Change Form to notify each company making automatic debits from your old account of the change.
- Close your old account. When you’re sure all outstanding items have cleared your old account, use our Account Closing Form to send a written notice to your old banking institution to close your old account and request a check for any remaining balance. You can use our Account Balance Worksheet to calculate your remaining balance.
How do I get started?
Protect your personal information.
Destroy any old checks, ATM or debit cards, or deposit slips from your old account. Remove your Online Banking access from your old bank.
Routing and Account Numbers
- Routing Number: the 9-digit number located in the bottom left corner of your check.
- Account Number: the set of numbers appearing just after the routing number. Do not use any spaces or symbols with your account number.
Thank you for choosing Shore United Bank for your banking needs!
If you have any questions regarding your “switch” to Shore United Bank, please contact us . If you would like assistance in completing any of these forms, stop by any of our convenient branch locations and we will be happy to help you!