In just a few clicks you can pay someone for lunch, make a donation, pay a babysitter, send money to your child at school, and more – for free – from our Personal Online Banking or Mobile App.
How to Use Pay Someone
It’s easy to get started:
- Download or log into the Shore United Bank app or log into personal online banking. (You’ll also need to enroll in Personal Online Banking if you haven’t already!)
- Select More and then Pay Someone in our app or select the Accounts tab and then Pay Someone in Personal Online Banking.
- Enter the email address or mobile phone number of the person that you are sending money to, the amount you want to send them, and your debit card number. Before pressing send, take a few extra seconds to ensure that you have the entered the correct information (i.e. email address, phone number, amount).
Once you’ve saved your debit card, you won’t have to enter it each time you send money. If you have more than one Shore United Bank debit card, you can set them all up in Pay Someone. Through this service, you can send up to $500 each day.
Similar to sending money, retrieving the funds sent through Pay Someone is also quick and easy.
Here’s how it works:
- The person you are paying (who does not have to be a Shore United Bank customer) will receive a text message or email notifying them of the payment.
- The receiver will need to click on the link within the notification and enter their debit card or bank account information to transfer the funds to their account. If their debit card is entered, the funds will be credited to their account immediately. If the recipient enters their bank account information, it will take 2-3 days for the deposit to be processed and credited to their account.
Pay Someone will not store the recipient’s account information, so the receiver will need to enter his or her account or debit card each time a payment is sent from a Shore United Bank customer.
As the sender, you can cancel a payment if the receiver has not claimed the payment. To cancel a payment, click on the menu, go to the transaction history on the Send Money page, and select cancel. You will receive a confirmation once the cancellation is complete.
If a payment has not been claimed by the recipient in 10 days, the funds will be returned to the sender’s account. Both the sender and recipient will be notified that the payment has been returned.
If the person that you are sending money to does not receive a text message or email notification, the sender can notify us at 888-820-6840 and a member of our team can resend the message. If the transaction is not received, the sender should notify us at 888-820-6840 or visit a Shore United Bank location and we’ll research the transaction.
Mobile Payment Safety
- If you use a P2P service outside of our app, make sure you download the app from a trusted source.
- Make sure you know the person to whom you’re sending money (be cautious of sending money to strangers).
- Review the transaction to make sure you have the correct info (i.e. email address, phone number, amount) for the recipient.
- Secure the app by using security features like face recognition, fingerprint, pins and passcodes, as available.
- NEVER share your login information with anyone for any reason.