While we love to see our business clients regularly, we can imagine that there are many other things you want to accomplish other than making a trip to the bank. That’s why we offer services to improve access to your funds without compromising account security. These convenient business banking services include:
Remote Deposit Capture is a service that electronically submits your business’ bank deposits using a desktop scanner at your place of business. It eliminates the need for regular trips to the bank by allowing you to simply scan the checks that you would normally take to the bank for deposit. The scanned checks are then securely sent to us for processing. Electronic images of each scanned check are archived for future access, eliminating time-consuming photocopying and filing tasks.
If check fraud keeps you up at night or concerns you, then Positive Pay may be a good option to consider for your business. Positive pay is a check reconciliation service available through our online banking that compares your business’ issued checks with your daily in-clearing checks and notifies you if there are any discrepancies. This optional service provides a strong defense against check fraud.
How does Positive Pay work?
2. Checks are presented and compared against your company file looking for a match in check serial numbers and amounts
3. Checks that do not match become suspect and are manually examined for encoding or misread errors
4. Suspect checks are reported to your company online and the company advises us how to proceed (pay or not pay)
ACH Origination is another option available to help you minimize check fraud and process payments more quickly than checks. ACH transactions are electronic debits and credits to or from a bank account in the U.S. ACH origination allows you to initiate electronic funds transfers (EFT) to or from Shore United Bank and accounts at other financial institutions within 2-3 business days. ACH Origination can be used for both business and consumer transactions.
The most common uses for this service are:
- Direct Deposit of Payroll – with proper authorization from the recipient, you can electronically transfer funds from your designated settlement account with Shore United Bank to your employee's designated account(s) at Shore United Bank or other financial institutions.
- Direct Payments – you can collect one time or recurring consumer payments - with proper authorization from the recipient – by electronically transferring funds from the recipient's designated checking or savings account with Shore United Bank or another financial institution to your designated settlement account at Shore United Bank.
Finding a payment processing service that fits the needs of your business and the needs of your customers is important. At Shore United Bank, we offer the most advanced electronic payments in the industry – an all-in-one solution that helps you consolidate vendors and streamline the payment acceptance process, which ultimately reduces costs, saves times, and improves sales for your business. We can provide you with a single source for processing Visa, MasterCard, Discover, JCB, Diners Club, American Express, most debit cards, EBT, and check authorization with next business day funding.
We understand that your business is unique, so we offer a variety of electronic methods for processing: wireless, mobile, e-commerce, and point of sale (POS) terminals. Our specialized approach to transaction processing for health care providers, public entities, municipalities, direct response, catalog merchants, and brick and mortar retailers ensures that your business will have the optimal setup for your specific use. Sales can be submitted by swiping a card, inserting a chip-enabled card, keypunching card information, entering the card information online, or using a mobile device.
In addition to advance payment processing systems, we also offer the industry’s best data-security plan with the required annual compliance validation for merchants. There is also an online tracking option to allow you to view authorizations received, follow transactions, and view historical statements and charge-back history.
If you’re looking for additional ways to generate revenue, our merchant card processor has options that may help. We offer check conversion services, gift and loyalty card programs, and merchant cash advances.
Our complete program includes everything from low-cost equipment to specialized services for retail, restaurant, hotel, and small or large businesses. Services that you can choose from include:
- Tip entry transactions for restaurants
- Multiple merchant equipment
- Authorization confirmation at check-in and check-out for hotels
- Online processing
- Wireless capabilities
- Built-in pin pads
How to Get Started
Additional fees may apply with this service. Contact us for more information on our Merchant Services: 443-262-9310
Additional fees may apply with this service.
- Get account information
- Transfer funds
- Place a stop payment
- Find branch locations
- Report a lost or stolen ATM or debit card
Funds transferred before 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday will be credited the same banking day; all other transfers will be credited to your account on the next business day.
Having insufficient funds in your business account can put you and your company at risk for bouncing checks or having your ATM/Debit Card transactions denied. More importantly it can mean losing a deal with a potential client, embarrassing phone calls, and unwanted fees charged by vendors.
As a benefit to our business customers, we offer a service to help you manage unexpected overdrafts. Our Business Overdraft Service is a discretionary service we add to your checking account to cover overdrafts. While we are not obligated to pay any item presented for payment if your account does not contain sufficient funds, we will strive to pay your overdrawn items and charge our standard NSF/OD fee for each item overdrawn. This service is a discretionary courtesy and is subject to eligibility criteria and may be withdrawn at any time. Payment of your overdraft item is NOT guaranteed.
For business accounts, our Overdraft Service covers the following transactions:
- Checks written to third parties
- Bill payment transactions
- Pre-authorized automatic debits
- ACH items
- ATM withdrawals
- Everyday Debit Card transactions
While you may never need to take advantage of this service, you may find it useful in the event of a temporary shortfall. If you do not want this service and prefer to have your non-sufficient fund items returned and or denied, simply call 844-327-7395 (toll free) or visit any of our convenient branch locations and we will remove this service from your account. Additional details about this service are outlined in our Business Overdraft Service Disclosure.
We’re here to help you with your business needs, including what may be one of your biggest headaches – returned checks. Re$ubmitIt® is a check collection service we offer that significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. With this service, you collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
To be eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
What Happens to Ineligible Checks?
Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentment are re-submitted to the check writer’s account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items equal to or greater than $2,500, are not eligible for Re$ubmitIt® services.
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic returned check processing service handles the re-presentment process from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- You must provide your customers with one of the Re$ubmitIt® check policy disclosures by:
(a) posting the check policy disclosure stickers at the point of sale where you accept checks;
(b) printing the check policy disclosure on your invoices; or
(c) including the check policy disclosure in your service or sales agreement.
- Returned checks are sent from Shore United Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for payment.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of payment.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (three total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be forwarded to a collection agency to conduct FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a returned check fee as compensation for the processing services
- To sign up for this free service, print and return the completed agreement to Re$ubmitIt® Processing Center, PO Box 932, Dunedin, FL 34698.
A business debit card is a great option to use when making business purchases (in-store and online), scheduling recurring payments, and keeping track of employee expenses. You can also use your Shore United Bank Debit Card to withdraw money, make deposits, check your balance, make payments to your loan, or transfer funds at any Shore United Bank-owned ATM, fee-free. And, we’re part of the Allpoint Network which means you can use your Shore United Bank Debit Card at over 55,000 Allpoint ATMs worldwide to withdraw money or check your balance, fee-free.
As part of the Visa network, you’ll get Zero Liability protection in the case of a lost or stolen card. You also have the option to get a text or email when you pay with your Visa card; alerts can be set for amount thresholds, online orders, international transactions, and more. Register for these alerts in three steps on the Visa website.
With our convenient Instant Issue Debit Cards, you no longer have to wait to receive your card in the mail. If you open a new checking account or simply need to replace a lost or damaged debit card, you can leave any of our bank branches with your new debit card in hand.
Shore United Bank Business, Personal, and HSA debit cards are all eligible for use with Apple, Google, and Samsung’s mobile wallets. Online and mobile banking are not required to add your Shore United Bank debit card to your digital wallet.
To add your Shore United Bank debit card to your digital wallet, simply:
- Go to your digital wallet app or download your digital wallet of choice - Apple Pay (requires an Apple device), Google Pay, or Samsung Pay (requires a Samsung device).
- Add your Shore United Bank debit card.
- Follow the prompts within the wallet to complete your setup.
If you’ve selected one of the personalized images - puppies, sunset, American flag, camouflage, etc. - the card image on your digital wallet will look different. This doesn’t mean that your card was not enrolled properly, only our standard images will display within the wallet.
Digital Wallet Support
In our ongoing efforts to keep your accounts secure, your business debit card activity is monitored 24/7 by our Fraud Center. If potential fraud is detected, our Fraud Center will temporarily freeze your card. The card will remain temporarily frozen while we contact you to confirm or deny fraud.
Here's how it works:
- When suspicious activity is identified, you will receive an immediate text notification.
- If we don't receive a response from the text message within a certain time frame, you will receive an email (if we have your email address on file).
- If we don't receive a response from the text or email, you will receive an automated phone call to confirm or deny fraud.
Please note that our messages will NEVER ask for your PIN or account number. Responding to the text or automated call is the fastest way to confirm fraud but you always have the option to speak with a Fraud Center or branch representative.
Debit Card FAQs
What do I do if my business debit card is stolen?
Are there certain places my debit card won’t work?
Your Visa debit card will work at any retailer where Visa is accepted as a form of payment, barring the few countries, locations, or merchants where we’ve restricted use due to fraud prevention.
What is Visa’s Zero Liability Protection?
Visa’s Zero Liability Policy ensures that you won’t be held responsible for unauthorized charges made by your account. Please note that this does not apply to ATM transactions, PIN transactions not processed by Visa, or certain commercial card transactions. It’s subject to timeliness of notification by cardholder of unauthorized use, so report suspicious charges to Shore United Bank as soon as possible by calling 888-758-4900, option 6, or 888-297-3416.