We’re here to help you with your business needs, including what may be one of your biggest headaches – returned checks. Re$ubmitIt® is a check collection service we offer that significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. With this service, you collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
To be eligible for Electronic Recovery, a Returned Check must:
- Be a personal check to a business (not business-to-business)
- Be under $2,500
- Be less than 180 days old from date of transaction
- Cannot have been already submitted twice, either electronically or by paper draft
What Happens to Ineligible Checks?
Returned items that are less than $2,500 and ineligible for electronic re-presentment are re-submitted to the check writer’s account as a paper draft, subject to eligibility requirements. Items equal to or greater than $2,500, are not eligible for Re$ubmitIt® services.
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic returned check processing service handles the re-presentment process from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- You must provide your customers with one of the Re$ubmitIt® check policy disclosures by:
- (a) posting the check policy disclosure stickers at the point of sale where you accept checks;
- (b) printing the check policy disclosure on your invoices; or
- (c) including the check policy disclosure in your service or sales agreement.
- Returned checks are sent from Shore United Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where eligible checks are converted into electronic items for re-presentment to the check writer’s bank account for payment.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation. Presenting checks at proven “smart dates” improves the chance of payment.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (three total). If this third presentment fails, the check can be forwarded to a collection agency to conduct FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a returned check fee as compensation for the processing services.
- To sign up for this free service, visit one of convenient locations.