Questions & Answers for Northwest Bank Customers
We put together the following information to answer questions you may have about Shore United Bank’s acquisition of Northwest branches in Maryland.
If, after reading the information below, you still have questions, please call:
Shore United Bank: 1-888-820-6840, option 6, weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., or firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Bank: 1-877-672-5678, option 5, weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., or email@example.com
- Shore United Bank will acquire the three Maryland branches of Northwest Bank located in Arbutus, Elkridge, and Owings Mills.
- Employees at the three Northwest branches will join the Shore United Bank family. So, while the branches will be rebranded as Shore United Bank, customers will continue to receive the same great service from the people they’ve come to know and trust.
- Customers do not need to do anything now. There will be no changes until the transaction closes, which we expect will happen on May 19, 2017.
- When the transaction closes, deposit, loan, and wealth management accounts at the three branches will transfer to Shore United Bank. The two banks are working together to be sure the transition is as smooth as possible with minimal impact to customers.
- Shore United Bank is a full-service community bank headquartered in Easton, Maryland, with a rich history dating back to 1850. They are dedicated to helping their clients, employees and communities succeed. As a member of the Shore Bancshares, Inc. community of companies, they offer banking, insurance and investment services to families and businesses in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Why is my branch being sold to Shore United Bank?
For Northwest, the decision to sell its three Maryland branches wasn’t easy. The transaction with Shore United Bank provides the opportunity to place these branches, customers and employees in the hands of a local, Maryland-based bank that’s both deeply rooted in local communities and committed to providing superior customer service.
How was Shore United Bank selected as the buyer of these branches?
Northwest considered a broad set of potential buyers for these branches. After an extensive process, Shore United was selected as the preferred buyer because it’s locally-based with an existing branch network nearby. We believe the employees and customers of these offices will embrace Shore United Bank’s products, services and culture--which are remarkably similar to Northwest.
When will the transition be complete?
The transition, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to be completed May 19, 2017.
What do I need to do? Will my account access, automatic deposits or automatic payments change?
Shore United Bank and Northwest are committed to making the transition as easy as possible. At this time, there’s nothing you need to do. Your account(s) will stay the same until the transaction closes later this year. In advance of any changes, you will be mailed a Shore United Bank Products and Services Guide along with important information about the conversion and steps you may need to take to ensure a smooth transition.
Will my favorite Northwest employee(s) still be at the branch?
Yes, employees located at the three Northwest branches will join the Shore United Bank family. So, while the branches will be rebranded as Shore United Bank, customers will continue to receive the same great service from the people they’ve come to know and trust.
What are Shore United Bank’s plans for our market?
At Shore United, and with our community of companies, we’re committed to serving the families and businesses of Maryland and Delaware through our full line of products and services, including insurance and investment services. We’re excited about this opportunity to expand our branch network to better serve the customers and communities of Arbutus, Elkridge and Owings Mills through both business development and community engagement.
Tell me more about Shore United Bank and the Shore Bancshares, Inc. community of companies.
Shore Bancshares, Inc. and our community of companies have a rich history dating back to 1850. We are built around the character of our people and committed to the success of our clients and our communities. Shore United Bank is a full-service community bank formed by the union of two sister banks, formerly CNB and The Talbot Bank. Shore United Bank is a member of the Shore Bancshares community of companies, the largest independent financial services company on the Delmarva Peninsula to offer banking, insurance and investment services to families and businesses in the Mid- Atlantic region. Our community of companies also includes:
- Wye Financial & Trust
- Avon-Dixon Agency
- Freestate and Son
- Elliott Wilson Insurance (trucking)
- Jack Martin & Associates (boat & yacht insurance)
Together, our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to helping our clients navigate toward their financial goals.
Will I receive information from Shore United Bank?
Yes, we will provide clear communication using a variety of channels to be sure Northwest customers understand how this transition will affect them. You will receive everything you need to ensure the merger is as smooth as possible with minimal impact or inconvenience.
- Customers will receive an initial letter announcing the merger.
- Customers will receive easy-to-understand conversion material outlining the terms and conditions of their Shore United Bank accounts and any steps they need to take to ensure a smooth transition. Conversion materials will also be posted here on our website as available.
- Depending on the products and services you have, you may receive additional communications by mail, email, or telephone.