Ask The Expert - How far in advance do you need to plan for your first offshore voyage?
Before embarking on your first extended cruise, you'll want to start preparing many months in advance (6 months to a year).
- To minimize surprises, develop an itinerary and get organized.
- Have your vessel's documentation readily available, including surveys.
- Document your sailing experience and gather basic information for your accompanying crew.
- Ask lots of questions. Every passage is different and not all policies are the same.
- More questions about Offshore Cruising? Ask the expert.
Proud Members of:
We welcome you to sign up for our e-newsletter with valuable insurance information and other helpful boating tips.
Your Premier Yacht, Boat & Marine Insurance Agency