Thank you for allowing Shore United Bank the opportunity to serve you. The safety and well-being of our customers, employees, and communities continues to be our highest priority. Below are some resources to help you during this uncertain time. We will continue to share additional information regarding assistance as well as regular updates to this page. Please reach out to us with any questions by calling 410-822-1400.
We want to reassure our customers and communities that we are here for you. Our dedicated employees are working every day and remain committed to maintaining the great service you have come to expect from us.
- Branch Service Hours
- Convenience Banking Services
- Coronavirus Tax Relief and Economic Impact Payments
- Loan Payment Relief Programs
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Message for Shore United Bank Credit Card Cardholders
- Coronavirus Scams - Protect Your Money
Phased Approach to Resume Normal Operations. Following the guidelines of public health officials and our state and local agencies related to COVID-19, we will begin returning to our normal business operations in phases:
Caution Phase- Effective June 1, 2020
- We recommend the use of our drive-thru, ATM, and online and mobile banking services.
- Our lobbies will be closed on Saturdays until further notice. Please call for an appointment or use our drive-thru service.
Monday through Friday most of our lobbies will be open with limited capacity and a greeter upon entry (appointments encouraged). Please check our locations page for specific lobby & drive-thru hours. When a branch reaches its' capacity limit, you will be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle. The greeter will contact you in person or by cell when its your turn to come in.
When entering the lobby, customers will be required to wear a face mask and be prepared to temporarily remove your mask for security purposes.
- Employees will wear a face covering to ensure their safety as well as yours.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at each teller and desk station for your safety.
- We ask that you maintain a 6' social distance between others at all times. Social distance markers have been installed to assist you.
- High touch areas are cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day.
Pause Phase- March 23-May 31, 2020
- Our lobbies are open by APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- Our Drive-Thru Service remains open- For complete list of our branches and their drive-thru hours, visit our locations page.
- Branches without a drive-thru will be directed to a nearby branch or will be serviced with limited lobby access
- Centreville, MD (109. N. Commerce St.) - Due to this location not having a drive-thru, we ask that you utilize our drive-thru service at our other Centreville branch located at 2609 Centreville Rd.
- Onley, VA (25306 Lankford Hwy.) - Due to this location not having a drive-thru, the lobby will be open with limited access (no more than two (2) customers in the lobby at a time).
Convenience Banking Services
During these uncertain times, we ask that you utilize our many convenience banking services that are available to you.
- Online and Mobile banking allow you to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills or make deposits. Click here to enroll in online banking.
- Our ATMs are available for your cash needs. In addition to our ATMs, Shore United Bank partners with the Allpoint Network, a surcharge-free network of ATMs with over 55,000 locations worldwide.
- Visa Debit cards reduce cash handling and can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
- PaySomeone is a good option to quickly transfer funds to another person.
- InTouch Telephone Banking allows you to check balances, retrieve transaction history, transfer funds or place a stop payment on your account(s) by calling toll-free 888-758-4900.
In March, Congress passed the CARES Act - a $2 trillion economic relief package to provide assistance to American consumers and businesses who are impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. A provision of the law includes sending government payments to eligible Americans. To help answer common questions about these payments, the American Bankers Association developed the following FAQs.
For complete eligibility information, visit the IRS website.
We recognize that you may be facing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 situation. As a community bank, we want to reassure you that we’re here to help!
Consumer Loan and Mortgage Payment Relief Program
For Shore United Bank customers who may need help to make future consumer loan payments, we are now offering a Payment Relief Program.
If you currently have a loan with us and have been impacted by COVID-19, we are offering a short-term payment deferral program. Borrowers must apply to be considered for this short-term program (up to 6 months).
The Payment Relief Program is meant to be a temporary fix to allow borrowers to defer their consumer and mortgage loan payments without having to go through a lengthy paperwork process while you may have other, more pressing concerns to attend to. Our Payment Relief Program is currently available to customers with a residential mortgage loan, closed-end home equity loan, and consumer term loans. Consumer lines of credit are not eligible for this program at this time.
Customers who meet the program requirements for payment relief may apply by using one of the methods below:
- Contact your Loan Officer by phone at 410-822-1400
- Complete and print the Consumer Loan Hardship Application(opens in a new window) and mail the completed application for processing and consideration via U.S. mail to Shore United Bank P.O. Box 949 Easton, MD 21601, Attn: Consumer Loan
- Request payment relief online by completing a request using our secure Contact Us form
Commercial Loan Programs
For Shore United Bank customers who may need help to make future commercial loan payments, you may be eligible for a short-term full or partial payment deferral. For more information, please contact your Relationship Manager at 410-822-1400 to discuss these options.
In addition, Shore United Bank is working to design programs to support the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was recently passed by Congress to appropriately offer relief during this emergency for those directly impacted by the pandemic. We will continue to evaluate the administration of the CARES Act as well as other State and Federal programs.
Assistance for Small Businesses
Shore United Bank credit cards are issued and serviced through TCM Bank. TCM Bank is committed to assisting cardholders that may be experiencing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis. Beginning April 1, 2020 – May 31, 2020, TCM Bank will be offering a Skip-a-Pay option for impacted cardholders. They will also be waiving late payment fees, allowing free payments over the phone, and offering payment schedule changes.
Cardholders that need assistance with any of the above are encouraged to call TCM's Customer Contact Center at 1-800-883-0131. They will be working with cardholders on a case-by-case basis. You can also manage your credit card account online at www.MyCardStatement.com.
Fraudsters are finding a way to take advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. Please remember, the Bank will not contact you by phone, text, or email to “verify” information such as account ID’s, passwords, or security questions. It is important to remain extra vigilant during this time and remember to notify the Bank if you accidentally fall victim to one of these scams or suspect any unauthorized activity on your account. The American Bankers Association has complied a list of common scams and tips on how to protect yourself and your money!