Thank you for allowing Shore United Bank the opportunity to serve you. The safety and well-being of our customers, employees, and communities continues to be our highest priority. Below are some resources to help you during this uncertain time. We will continue to share additional information regarding assistance as well as regular updates to this page. Please reach out to us with any questions by calling 410-822-1400.
We want to reassure our customers and communities that we are here for you. Our dedicated employees are working every day and remain committed to maintaining the great service you have come to expect from us.
- Branch Service Hours
- Convenience Banking Services
- Economic Impact Payments (EIP)
- Loan Payment Relief Programs
- SBA Paycheck Protection Program
- Message for Shore United Bank Credit Card Cardholders
- Coronavirus Scams - Protect Your Money
We continue to operate in a phased approach to resume normal operations. Following the guidelines of public health officials and our state and local agencies related to COVID-19, we are operating our normal business operations in phases:
Caution Phase- Effective June 1, 2020
- Monday through Friday most of our lobbies will be open, appointments encouraged. Please check our locations page for specific lobby & drive-thru hours.
- Branch hours on Saturdays is limited to drive-thru service only. Please check our locations page for specific lobby & drive-thru hours.
- We encourage the use of our drive-thru, ATM, and online and mobile banking services.
- When entering the lobby, customers will be required to wear a face mask and be prepared to temporarily remove your mask for security purposes.
- Employees will wear a face covering to ensure their safety as well as yours.
- Plexiglass guards have been installed at each teller and desk station for your safety.
- We ask that you maintain a 6' social distance between others at all times. Social distance markers have been installed to assist you.
- High touch areas are cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day.
Convenience Banking Services
During these uncertain times, we ask that you utilize our many convenience banking services that are available to you.
- Online and Mobile banking allow you to check balances, transfer funds, pay bills or make deposits. Click here to enroll in online banking.
- Our ATMs are available for your cash needs. In addition to our ATMs, Shore United Bank partners with the Allpoint Network, a surcharge-free network of ATMs with over 55,000 locations worldwide.
- Visa debit cards reduce cash handling and can be used anywhere Visa is accepted.
- Pay Someone is a good option to quickly transfer funds to another person.
- Telephone banking allows you to check balances, retrieve transaction history, and transfer funds on your account(s) by calling toll-free 888-758-4900.
In December, Congress passed a second round of Economic Impact Payments. The Internal Revenue Service and the Treasury Department will begin delivering a second round of Economic Impact Payments as part of the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021 to millions of Americans who received the first round of payments earlier this year.
Here is some helpful information:
- Direct deposit stimulus payments received today, will post to your account by 9:00 A.M. If not credited to your account by then, please check again the next day. The first round of payments will begin arriving Monday, January 4, 2021.
- Utilize Account Activity Alerts to notify you when a deposit is made to your account. In Online Banking, Go to Alerts(upper right hand corner)>Settings>under Account Activity Alerts, click on “I want to” next to “for deposit more than”>Edit>Notify me when a deposit over $(enter 599) is made in the account(s) selected below>Send alert to: (select from options)>Select account(s)>Submit
- Paper checks have been mailed with a check date of January 6, 2021. We will accept these checks prior to January 6, 2021.
- For complete eligibility information, visit the IRS website.
- More information can be found by reading the most recent IRS news release on January 4, 2021.
We recognize that you may be facing financial hardships due to the COVID-19 situation. As a community bank, we want to reassure you that we’re here to help!
Consumer Loan and Mortgage Payment Relief Program
For Shore United Bank customers who may need help to make future consumer loan payments, we are now offering a Payment Relief Program.
If you currently have a loan with us and have been impacted by COVID-19, we are offering a short-term payment deferral program. Borrowers must apply to be considered for this short-term program (up to 6 months).
The Payment Relief Program is meant to be a temporary fix to allow borrowers to defer their consumer and mortgage loan payments without having to go through a lengthy paperwork process while you may have other, more pressing concerns to attend to. Our Payment Relief Program is currently available to customers with a residential mortgage loan, closed-end home equity loan, and consumer term loans. Consumer lines of credit are not eligible for this program at this time.
Customers who meet the program requirements for payment relief may apply by using one of the methods below:
- Contact your Loan Officer by phone at 410-822-1400
- Complete and print the Consumer Loan Hardship Application(opens in a new window) and mail the completed application for processing and consideration via U.S. mail to Shore United Bank P.O. Box 949 Easton, MD 21601, Attn: Consumer Loan
- Request payment relief online by completing a request using our secure Contact Us form
Commercial Loan Programs
For Shore United Bank customers who may need help to make future commercial loan payments, you may be eligible for a short-term full or partial payment deferral. For more information, please contact your Relationship Manager at 410-822-1400 to discuss these options.
In addition, Shore United Bank is working to design programs to support the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was recently passed by Congress to appropriately offer relief during this emergency for those directly impacted by the pandemic. We will continue to evaluate the administration of the CARES Act as well as other State and Federal programs.
Assistance for Small Businesses
On January 8, 2021, the Small Business Administration announced that the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) will reopen for First and Second Draw Loans the week of January 11, 2021. SBA is permitting certain special purpose community development financial institutions to accept applications beginning Monday, January 11th. All other SBA approved lenders like us, will receive access shortly thereafter. Updates will be provided here as they become available.
Visit the U.S. Treasury website to learn more about the PPP and review the helpful resources provided for borrowers.
Shore United Bank credit cards are issued and serviced through TCM Bank. TCM Bank is committed to assisting cardholders that may be experiencing economic hardship due to the COVID-19 crisis. Beginning April 1, 2020 – May 31, 2020, TCM Bank will be offering a Skip-a-Pay option for impacted cardholders. They will also be waiving late payment fees, allowing free payments over the phone, and offering payment schedule changes.
Cardholders that need assistance with any of the above are encouraged to call TCM's Customer Contact Center at 1-800-883-0131. They will be working with cardholders on a case-by-case basis. You can also manage your credit card account online at www.MyCardStatement.com.
Fraudsters are finding a way to take advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus. Please remember, the Bank will not contact you by phone, text, or email to “verify” information such as account ID’s, passwords, or security questions. It is important to remain extra vigilant during this time and remember to notify the Bank if you accidentally fall victim to one of these scams or suspect any unauthorized activity on your account. The American Bankers Association has complied a list of common scams and tips on how to protect yourself and your money!